My European vacation had ended and I thought about the things I’d missed seeing and doing in Paris. So, like London, I created this list of five things I’ll do when I return.
- The Eiffel Tower is at the top of my list. I want to climb ALL the steps (no early morning running on that day), be amazed at the transparent first floor and looky-loo at the sparkling night time lights. I’ll even consider lunch there and after all of those steps, I’ll probably need to eat there.
- Chateau de Versailles is where I’ll spend an entire day. I’ll arrive at sunrise and watch the rays transform the golden palace. I’ll spend hours getting lost in the gardens and inhaling the scent of the flowers. I’ll wonder at Marie-Antoinette’s estate and look for references to “Let them eat cake.”
- I’ll take Ricki Stevenson’s Black Paris Tour and learn about the French abolition movement, Josephine Baker, Jazz and explore African cuisine! Wow! I wish I had known about this opportunity during my first trip because I certainly would have booked the full-day tour!
- More Museums! I’d like to visit the Catacombs, Moderne, d’Orsay and Marmottan Monet to start. Then I’ll add others if I can.
- EAT MORE DESSERTS! I did not eat enough French food in Paris and I will NOT repeat that mistake. I want more macarons, I want to eat cheeses, baguettes, croissants (chocolate filled of course!), and take a chocolate tour. I may never leave Paris.
And my bonus: Running! I want to run all over the city and I’ll need to after all of the food I’m going to eat. Now that the Champs Elysées is closed one Sunday each month, I can run up and down it without the fear of being killed by a scooter, tour bus, motorcycle or car.
Are you planning a first time visit to Paris or a return visit? What’s on your can’t miss list?
I am headed to Paris in September!! My first trip there. My husband is running the Disney Paris Half Marathon. We are staying at the St James!!! Don’t worry, I will eat lots of French food and desserts.
Hey Kristie, thanks for stopping by! I can’t deny the fact that I’m jealous that you’re going and that your husband is running a marathon in Paris! WOW! Hope exciting! Which race is it? Are you following him along the course or waiting at the finish line?
Are you staying long enough to have some adventures and if so, which sites are you guys visiting? Please let me know if I can be of any help and please share your photos. I’d love to see recent photos of Paris in the Autumn!